Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Such an amazing week! Mother's Day was awesome!
Saturday Jared planned to take me to breakfast at Kneaders because I had never had their FAMOUS french toast and it was free for the mothers. When we drove up we saw all of the cars and the people walking in.. It was a hike to get there and then a wait. They had tents set up so I pictured us sitting elbow to elbow with someone we didn't know.. So.. We went to Magelby's Fresh.. GOOD CALL!! It was soooo yummy!! They serve their french toast with strawberries, bananas, and white syrup!! YUM!!
We went on our favorite date after that. 

My sister Gina came over that afternoon and we were able to chat about the whole week. It was crazy not to be able to see her every day. We took a couple hours to catch up, but there is no one like your sister!! :)

We attended one of Jared's buddies wedding reception that night and it just made me realize how in love I am with my husband. I swear everything makes me realize how lucky I am to have him in my life. I'm so happy that he chose and stuck by me! I hope to make him the happiest man ever! :)

Sunday was the BEST day! Jared wanted to make sure that I didn't have a thing to do. We got up and got the everyone out the door to church. (After Sacrament Meeting the young boys in our ward gave the moms Caramellos!)

(FYI I'm seven months pregnant. I'm loving it. So you'll see my subject matter and excitement in the food I eat!!)

We got home from church and Jared fed the girls and put them to bed. I was able to slowly get out of my church clothes and come to the kitchen for lunch. When I got there Jared was making his famous Too Much Chocolate Cake..


Yum!! Then he sat with me for a while. It was perfect outside and we were just lounging around talking.

Baylee, my 12 year old little sister, came and called out to me to come upstairs. I came up and she had her foot bath/massage out and she had just given my mom a pedicure. She had me sit down in a recliner next to my mom and gave me a pedicure! It was sooo sweet and thoughtful! (Especially because I can't really reach my feet anymore.)

After that my Dad had prepared Artichokes for our appetizer. I LOVE ARTICHOKES!! SOO yummy and a family fave!! By this time Jared was making his Twice-Baked Potatoes, Gina, Justin, & Whitney came over, and Jayda was up from her nap. Jayda shared her artichoke with Baylee. Baylee said that Jay ate her artichoke like a she~man.. Jay loves artichokes too!! :)

Right after we were done with Aritchokes, Sjanna showed up from Las Vegas. Mom had all of her children there. (From oldest to youngest.. Sjanna, Gina, me, Justin, Aubrey, & Baylee) It was awesome having us all together! 

We had dinner together. (Barbecued Steak, Twice-Baked Potatoes, and spinach salad) Jared took care of our children's plates so that I could sit and chat with my family. Then Jared got up did his second load of dishes and made Angel Food cake with whipped cream and strawberries. He served choco cake and strawberry shortcake to everyone.

After that, the moms received gifts from their children. Some people stayed after in the living room to chat, some went for tramp time. Jared got our kids ready for bed and did the laundry (Because I have this obsession with having NO laundry in my basket) and waited for me to be done chatting for Scriptures and Prayer. It was an amazing day filled with family, relaxing, and Food!! I was still in a good mood from it all the way through Monday night!
 MY FAMILY!!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were completely loved and spoiled on mothers day, you deserve it!!! <3

    ReplyDelete