Friday, November 9, 2012

My Great-Grandma

Martha Elizabeth Wines
March 15, 1917~ October 29, 2012
95 years young



My sweet Great-Grandma passed away on October 29th in the early morning hours in her sleep. She was one of the most amazing people I have ever met. 

She lived in my hometown of Las Vegas and when she got sick we had the opportunity to travel down to her  bedside and tell her goodbye. Two weeks later she passed. It is such a bittersweet thing. Bitter because I love her and I don't want to miss her. Sweet because she was ready, she is home, she is not lonely, and she is where she wants to be. 

The services were held in Las Vegas on the 3rd of November. It was a nice service. I loved that there were jokes,  laughing, and that people remembered such a wonderful person. We all remembered her the same way. Sweet to everyone, a perfectionist, a lady, and didn't take crap from anyone. :) Quite a woman.

I have 5 generation pictures with all of my kids. (My Great-Grandma, my Grandma, My Mom, Me, and My child) My Great-Grandma was a toddler in another 5 Generation pic. She has seen 9 generations.


 Her 90th birthday with my mom and my uncle Craig


Thanksgiving 2010




Her beautiful Funeral November 3, 2012

(Dad, Brandon, Craig, Frank, Jared, Justin, & Rich)






No comments:

Post a Comment